Welcome

After successfully concluding my Fulbright in Jamaica, it's on to the next step . . . graduate school. This blog will document my journey through the M.A./Ph.D. program in Anthropology and the path toward becoming a professional archaeologist. Forgive me as the posts will likely be sporadic and at times extraneous.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Recipe #1: Rice and Peas









Today I cooked Rice and Peas for the second time. The first time was alright but the peas came out too hard. This time I resorted to the good old can-of-peas (if you don’t mind the preservatives it’s a faster and easier alternative). Hopefully this will become a part of a larger project to get these Jamaican recipes down to science before the end of this Fulbright. If I learn nothing else, at least I will be able to cook up a little taste of Jamaica. For the recipe check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWCl7USUtWw

1 comment: