Welcome

After successfully concluding my Fulbright in Jamaica, it's on to the next step . . . graduate school. This blog will document my journey through the M.A./Ph.D. program in Anthropology and the path toward becoming a professional archaeologist. Forgive me as the posts will likely be sporadic and at times extraneous.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Recipe #3: Stuffed Fish

Alright so i kinda cheated for this week's recipe. I have been backed up writing papers, applying for graduate school and various other things so this meal comes straight from the grocery store. I went in and bought stuffed fish already prepared so there was barely any effort required -- the packaging even included a chunk of butter so all you have to do is literally put it in the oven. For J$322 (about $4) I got two properly seasoned red snappers already stuffed with, callaloo, onion, okra and green peppers. The food was amazing and although it required little effort, it wasn't all easy. This was my first time using the gas oven and it took a couple of tries to get the pilot light lit. Once the light was lit, I preheated the oven with the glass bowl inside and then added the fish, rotating it every 5 minutes for so for about 15-20 minutes total. The fish came out smoking . . . along with my finger. I realized I didn't have any pot holders so resorted to using a rag which was not thick enough. But in the end it came down to burning my finger or saving the fish and of course food always comes first. So while I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, my finger will take couple days to recover.

1 comment: